While we were gone, the snow had turned to icy snow and we have been experiencing zero degree weather lately. I spent 2 hours yesterday shoveling and chipping the ice/snow off our deck. (Scott got out of that duty this time!)
The cold weather is very refreshing, to say the least. Friday evening I walked across the parking lot to the car and my nose froze up on the inside and my coat crackled with stiffness. The coat is not made for cold weather so that may be why. But I like it - white with a mock wolf ruff on a big hood. I feel very Alaskan in it!! And my boots - suade with sheepskin lining - are keeping my feet very warm. And Scott got some different shoes with good tread so he won't slip in the parking lot! We are gradually getting all set for living up here in this cold weather.
Today it warmed up to about 20 and started to snow again. We are hoping for a beautiful white Christmas! May you all have wonderful celebration of the season, no matter what your weather! And have a Happy New Year, too.
Hey, Scott and Joyce! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in your new home! Sounds like you're adjusting well to Alaska and the cold temps. Iowa is feeling more like a warm and sunny winter vacation spot after reading your blog! So have you seen any moose? I showed your blog to Mom and Clara this week, and they were very excited to read all about your adventures. You'll have to keep writing and adding more pictures to keep us all up to date. Glad Scott got along with his surgery okay. After reading several of Jack London's books, I'm ready to come up there and pan for gold! Take care and dress warm!! Love ya, Sandy
ReplyDelete